GDPR compliance – EU Regulation n ° 2016/679
(General Data Protection Regulation)
- Introduction: ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY (EFN – AEPN) is a not for profit organization which respects its members and visitors and recognizes the importance of data protection and of the privacy of information. We want to familiarize you in this document with how we collect, use and disclose (and most importantly do not disclose) this information. These Data Protection Rules describe our privacy and use practices for the data we collect through our interactions and in particular through the websites and mobile applications that we operate. confidentiality and use of data, through the software applications that we have made available for computers or mobile devices, through newsletters and emails, the contact forms that you send to us or that we send to you and through communications that you exchange with us. By providing us with certain personal and other information, you agree to the terms of these Data Protection Rules.
Please note that these GDPR Rules and the entirety of the web site is automatically translated to the user’s language by using an external translation system (G-translate). You should always refer to the English version to make sure the translation is correct. The quality of the translation is solely under the responsibility of G-Translate and the user. ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY provides no guarantee for the quality of the translation and the possible consequences of an incorrect translation.
- Site presentation: under article 6 of law n ° 2004-575 of June 21, 2004 on confidence in the digital economy, users of the web site www.ecolo.org are informed of the identity of the stakeholders as part of its implementation and monitoring:
– Owner: ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY, can be contacted by postal mail at the head office: 55 rue Victor Hugo 78800 HOUILLES, or through the contact form on the web site or by email: efn[at]ecolo.org
– The publication manager is: ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY efn[at]ecolo.org
– Technical realization of the site under WordPress by: Nathalie DEMOURS, Benjamin FERRU, Valentin CHARRIER, Amaury DAMBIEL, Sidath SOEUN.
- General conditions : Use of the web site www.ecolo.org implies full acceptance of the rules and general conditions of use described in this document. These conditions of use are likely to be modified or completed at any time, users of the web site www.ecolo.org are therefore invited to consult them on a regular basis. This web site is normally accessible to users at all times. An interruption of service for technical or maintenance reasons may however occur without notice or be decided by ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY, which will then endeavor to put back online as soon as possible the services interrupted or which would malfunction. The web site is updated regularly. Likewise, the legal notices and these GDPR rules may be modified at any time: they are nevertheless binding on the user who is invited to refer to them on the web site as often as possible.
- Description of services provided: the purpose of the site www.ecolo.org is in particular to provide information on energy and the environment, on the environmental benefits of nuclear energy, and concerning the activities of ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY. EFN-AEPN provides information as accurate as possible. However, it cannot be held responsible for omissions, inaccuracies and mistakes in the information and articles posted (which only bind their authors) and in the update, whether due to EFN-AEPN or to third parties and users who provide or post this information. All information provided on the web site is given as an indication, and is likely to evolve and to be (or not to be) updated. Furthermore, the information on the web site is not exhaustive. It is given subject to modifications.
- Data collected: “Personal information” is information that identifies you as a person or relates to an identifiable person.
In particular, we may collect the following personal information:
– name, sex, personal and / or professional address, phone number, email, web site, age or date and place of birth, title, profession;
– the characteristics of your membership (type of member, date of first membership, date of last payment, membership validity date, amount of donations and of current membership, geographical area of local correspondents);
– information on the activities in which you have (or plan to) participate (in particular information relating to meetings, whether face-to-face or remote, conferences, exhibitions, or information relating to the management of general meetings of ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY);
– information on the articles, books or documents that you have ordered or that we have given or sent to you;
– in certain cases (in particular the automatic payment of contributions or donations by periodic transfer, for example), the name of the bank or the payment system (for example: Paypal, or Stripe or the name of your bank) and for professionals , the company name, the SIREN and / or SIRET number, as well as the European VAT number, which must be mentioned on certain invoices.
– if applicable: information relating to your online account on the ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY web site : user ID, your online profile information and your password to access your online account on the web site www.ecolo.org. In case you need to update your email, you can change it in your user area using your password, or you can contact us if necessary.
We inform you that in any case, at our level, we do not record or keep a bank account number or credit card number. For online services managed by third parties (in particular Paypal or Stripe payment services for the payment of dues, or other online payment services) please refer to their own management and security policies and the corresponding GDPR, which we do not define and which is up to you to approve or not directly with them when you use them (you can exercise your rights directly with them). If you send us personal information belonging to others, you certify that you have the necessary authorisations from them to do so and you authorize us to use that information in accordance with these GDPR rules.
- Where and how we collect data : We and our service providers may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
– via our online services (membership forms, websites, mobile applications, signing of petitions, emails, newsletters, or during your contacts with ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY).
– via our offline services (membership forms, exhibitions, conferences, signing of petitions, letters, or during your contacts by phone or any other means of communication).
- Use of your data: We may use your personal information in a variety of ways, including:
– To provide you with the services to which you have subscribed, in particular for the activity of ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY, the sending of our newsletter, the invitation to the annual meeting, the invitation to events, conferences or activities that we organize, or organized by third parties and that we recommend.
– To send you administrative information, relating in particular to the management of your membership, various information about clean energy and the activities of EFN, or marketing communications,
– To personalize your experience in the context of online services, by offering you content, products and offers tailored to your expectations / needs, in particular information, products, books or documents,
– For the improvement or modification of our services, the identification of usage trends, the evaluation of the effectiveness of our information campaigns as well as the operation and expansion of our activities.
EFN collects, stores and uses the personal data that is necessary in the context of our activity to offer you quality information, products and services, possibly personalized.
This data is processed and recorded primarily on our website, in our databases, and in our computer systems for managing EFN and this data. The data is secured by password, stored on a computer or computer server which is itself secure, which collects the personal data necessary for the operation for which it was designed. By accessing this database, you are informed that this personal data may be stored and that they are subject to the regulations on the protection of personal data and in particular to the GDPR (EU regulation No. 2016/679) applicable from 25 May 2018.
EFN, in order to provide you with the information and services that are useful to you, may also use various software whose access is also secure and for which we also possibly collect personal data.
9. Selling data: We do not sell data to anyone under any circumstances. We consider that the data that you entrust to us are not commercial goods to be sold.
10. Security: We seek to implement reasonable administrative, technical and organizational measures to protect personal information in our organization. Unfortunately, no data storage or transmission system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure (e.g. if you believe that the security of your online account or information in our database has been compromised), please notify us immediately, by contacting us via our contact details below.
11. Intellectual property and counterfeits: EFN owns the intellectual property rights or holds the rights to use the elements accessible on the web site, in particular the texts, images, graphics, logo, icons, sounds, etc. Any reproduction, representation, modification, publication, adaptation of all or part of the elements of the web site, whatever the means or process used, is prohibited without the prior written authorization of ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY. Any unauthorized use of the web site or any of the elements it contains will be considered as constituting an infringement and prosecuted in accordance with the provisions of Articles L.335-2 and following of the Intellectual Property Code.
12. Limitations of liability: ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect damage caused to the user equipment or user data when accessing the web site www.ecolo.org or resulting from the use of equipment that does not meet the specifications indicated in point 4, or the appearance of a bug or an incompatibility or a technical defect. You are welcome to point out any technical faults and we will do our best to resolve it. ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGYC also can not be held responsible for the non-functioning or poor functioning of the site and any direct or indirect damage (such as for example a loss of market or loss of a chance or damage to an information system or loss or degradation of information) resulting from the use of the web site www.ecolo.org
13. Interactive spaces: several interactive functions (in particular the possibility of asking questions using the contact form, discussion forum, comment zones on certain pages or articles, registration of memberships and mailing list subscriptions) are available to users. ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY reserves the right to remove, without prior notice, any content posted in these areas that would contravene these rules, the objectives of the association or the legislation applicable, in particular with relevance to data protection provisions. If applicable, ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY also reserves the right to question the civil and / or criminal liability of the user, in particular in the event of a racist, abusive, defamatory or pornographic content, whatever the medium used (text, photography, etc.).
14. Personal data management: personal data is protected in particular by law n ° 78-87 of January 6, 1978, law n ° 2004-801 of August 6, 2004, article L. 226-13 of Penal Code and the European Directive of October 24, 1995. When using the web site www.ecolo.org can be collected: the URL of the links through which the user accessed the site, the user’s provider and navigator, the user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address. In any event, ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY only collects personal information relating to the user for the purposes of the operation of EFN, its website, its mailing list, the management of its members, and services offered by the site. The user provides this information with full knowledge of these rules, in particular when he enters it himself. The user of the web site is then informed of the obligation or not to provide this information. Mandatory data is indicated in particular by a star (*) next to the corresponding field.
15. Right of access, modification, opposition and deletion of data: in accordance with the provisions of articles 38 and others of law 78-17 of 6 January 1978 relating to information technology, all users have a right of access, modification and opposition to the storage of their personal data, by making a written and signed request, accompanied by a copy of an identity document (passport or national identity card) with signature of the holder of the document, specifying the address to which the reply should be sent. No personal information of the user of the web site www.ecolo.org is openly published, exchanged, transferred, assigned or sold on any medium whatsoever to third parties. Only the dissolution or transfer of ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY to another organization, local or international, would allow the transmission of such information to the possible purchaser or local branch, who would in turn be bound by the same obligations as hereby described. The databases are protected by the provisions of the law of July 1, 1998 transposing directive 96/9 of March 11, 1996 on the legal protection of databases.
16. Hypertext links and cookies: the web site www.ecolo.org contains a number of hypertext links towards other web sites or external documents. ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY does not have the possibility to verify the content and the evolution of these external web sites and documents and will therefore not assume any responsibility in this regard. Third party web sites are responsible for their respective content. It is possible that some links malfunction, in this case please let us know so that we can update and correct them if necessary. Browsing the EFN web site may cause the installation of cookie (s) on the user’s computer. A cookie is a small file, which does not allow the user to be identified, but which records information relating to the navigation of a computer on a web site. The data thus obtained is intended to facilitate subsequent navigation on the site, and also intended to allow statistics. Refusing to install a cookie may make it impossible to access certain services. The user can, however, configure his computer as follows to refuse the installation of cookies. As a guide (the procedure may vary depending on the type of computer, browser, software version, etc.):
– In Internet Explorer: click on “tools” / then “internet options”. Click on Privacy and choose Block all cookies. Validate with Ok.
In Firefox: at the top of the browser window, click on the Firefox button, then go to the Options tab. Click on the “Privacy” tab. Configure the rules on: use personalized parameters for history. Finally, uncheck it to disable cookies.
– In Safari: Click at the top right of the browser on the menu pictogram (symbolized by a cog). Select Settings. Click Show advanced settings. In the “Privacy” section, click on Content settings. In the “Cookies” section, you can block cookies.
– Under Chrome: Click at the top right of the browser on the menu pictogram (symbolized by three horizontal lines). Select Settings. Click Show advanced settings. In the “privacy” section, click on preferences. In the “Confidentiality” tab, you can block cookies.
17. Applicable law and attribution of jurisdiction: any dispute relating to data, privacy, or the use of the web site will be subject to French law and will first be brought to the attention of the ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY before any other action. Exclusive jurisdiction is attributed to the competent courts of Yvelines in France.
18. The main laws concerned are: Law ° 78-17 of January 6, 1978, in particular modified by law n ° 2004-801 of August 6, 2004 relating to data processing, files and freedoms. Law n ° 2004-575 of June 21, 2004 for confidence in the digital economy.
19. Glossary: User: Internet user connecting to the web site. Personal information: “information which allows, in any form whatsoever, directly or indirectly, the identification of the physical persons to whom it applies” (article 4 of law n ° 78-17 of January 6, 1978).
20. Our contact details and how to exercise your rights: you can exercise your rights (access, modification or deletion, rectification of errors, updating of your contact details, etc.) by contacting us or by contacting our Data Protection Officer, by email: efn[at]ecolo.org, or at our head office located:ENVIRONMENTALISTS FOR NUCLEAR ENERGY, 55 rue Victor Hugo 78800 Houilles, France, or by phone at our secretariat at +33 1 30 86 00 33 or by fax to +33 9 55 29 00 22.